National SEO is a long-term investment that can separate your business from the competitors. Similar to local SEO, National SEO focuses primarily on ranking for broad keyword terms rather than ranking for specific geographical terms
- National SEO means facing stiff competition from big brand names and other companies of your size who all want the same customers.
- This means that your national SEO marketing plan needs to be robust, methodical and very strategic.
- But the good news is that, almost without exception, small companies can compete with far bigger ones when it comes to national search engine optimization.
Steps involved in National SEO
- Focus on Your Brand
- Keyword Research for your Business
- Broad Keywords
- Long Tail Informational Keywords
- User Intent
- “near me” keywords list
- Trending Topics
- User-friendly Responsive Website
- On-page SEO
- Make sure Google can index your site
- Less Page load speed
- Google MyBusiness
- City Specific URLs – Separate Page for Each City ( If your business is expanding at the national level)